1. Bake your cake according to package directions. Allow the cake to cool completely.
2. Place the cooled cake into a large bowl and break apart with hands or mixer. Make sure only crumbs are left.
3. Add half of the frosting into your crumb mixture to get a doughy texture.
4. Use an ice cream scooper or spoon to scoop little balls. Use your hands to form the perfect ball shape.
5. Place all cake balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil into your freezer for 10 minutes. This will firm the mixture.
6. Break your chocolate into small pieces and place in the top pan of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
You may also use a glass or metal mixing bowl on top of a saucepan that’s half-full of water. Stir often (add food coloring if desired).
7. Dip the lollipop stick into your melted chocolate. Insert a little less than halfway into the cake ball.
8. Dip the cake pop into the melted chocolate. Set aside to cool until the chocolate hardens.
9. After cooling, dip the cake pops once more for full coverage and add sprinkles, if desired.
10. Place cake pops on a serving tray and enjoy or refrigerate until ready to serve.